The Ojala museum

Ojalantie 30, Pattijoki 92140.

The buildings housing the Ojala Museum used to be the Ojala farm, with two old residential buildings and a cowhouse. The main building dates back to the late 19th century. In 1913, it was converted into a shelter for the sick and the elderly. Mrs Augusta Durchman had bequeathed funds to the parish of Pattijoki for establishing a shelter, and these funds were used accordingly to purchase the Ojala farm. From 1957 to 1975, the building housed the municipal old people’s home of Pattijoki.

In 1981, the farm was converted into a museum. The exhibits are mainly farmhouse objects from the early 20th century, complemented by an interesting collection of coffee cups. In the summer, the museum area serves as the venue for the annual Pattijoki-päivä event. The exhibition and offices spaces (so-called workshop) on the Ojala premises can be rented for meetings, for example. The facilities include a small kitchen and coffee cups for several people.